|York College (1-11, 0-3)||11||14||22||0|
|Ottawa University (9-5, 3-0)||25||25||25||3|
|York College||Indv. Leaders||Ottawa University|
|#17 Molly Little - 5||Kills||#7 Jill Starling - 12|
|2 Players (#7,#22) - 3||Blocks||#18 Breanna Vail - 3|
|#18 Kelsey Taylor - 22||Digs||#2 Liz Heit - 16|
|#13 Natalie Carrasco - 2||Aces||4 Players - 1|
|York College||Team Statistics||Ottawa University|
OTTAWA, Kan. – Playing its fifth match in two days, the OU women's volleyball team defeated KCAC opponent York College 3-0; 25-11, 25-14, 25-22; on Saturday evening in Wilson Field House.
How it happened
- Ottawa jumped out to a 17-8 lead in set one. York was not able to rebound, falling to the Braves 25-11. OU finished the set with 13 kills in 36 attempts for a .167 attacking percentage. York had four kills and seven attacking errors for a -.094 attacking percentage.
- In a repeat of set one, OU took a 17-8 lead to open set two. A kill by Jill Starling ended the set, giving OU a 25-14 victory. The Braves had 18 kills and a .400 attacking percentage. York finished the set with five kills and five attacking errors.
- It was York, in set three, taking the lead. After a Brave miscue, the York lead was 16-12. OU responded though, scoring the next seven points to take a 19-16 lead. The Panthers though would not go away and cut the OU lead to 23-22. The Braves though would get point 24 on a Taylor Fortner kill and point 25 on a block by Adriana Skipper and Kenna, to take the set 25-22. Ottawa had 20 kills in 40 attempts for a .325 attacking percentage. York tallied eight kills and a .133 attacking percentage.
Inside the box score
- Ottawa finished the three set match with 51 kills, a .297 attacking percentage, 45 assists, four service aces, 51 digs, and four team blocks.
- The Braves had three player with double figure kills. Jill Starling finished with 12, Kenna Hall tallied 11 kills, and Taylor Fortner finished with 10 kills.
- Adriana Skipper had a game high 41 assists.
- Liz Heit finished with 16 digs.
What is next
Ottawa (9-5) is back in Wilson Field House on Wednesday, Sept. 13 against KCAC opponent the University of Saint Mary Spires. Junior varsity team will start at 5:30 p.m., followed by the varsity at 7:00 p.m.